Some car models are fantastic on pavement, but when things get a little rocky, suddenly they’re performance is severely lacking. Jeep® vehicles, however, certainly do not fall into this category.
These SUVs (and now, a pickup truck), are great on asphalt and terrific once the pavement ends. The 2021 Jeep Cherokee in particular is the perfect vehicle for taking on an outdoor adventure.
The base engine in the new Jeep Cherokee is a 2.4-liter, four-cylinder unit that produces 180 horsepower and 171 lb-ft of torque. The other four-cylinder option is a turbocharged 2.0-liter engine that puts out 270 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque.
Finally, there’s a 3.2-liter V6 that will pump out 271 horsepower and 239 lb-ft of torque. All engines are paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard in this SUV, but you’ll probably want to go with four-wheel drive if you plan to do some off-roading.
Speaking of off-roading, it’s in this area that the Jeep Cherokee really shines. First of all, there are three different four-wheel drive setups to pick from, and they all have a five-mode Selec-Terrain traction management system:
- Active Drive I – This features automatic 4WD engagement.
- Active Drive II – This includes low-range gearing and hill descent control.
- Active Drive Lock – Standard in the Trailhawk trim, this comes with a mechanical locking differential, an off-road suspension system, and all-terrain tires.
No matter where you take your Jeep Cherokee, you’ll be happy knowing that it comes with many features to help keep you safe. These include:
- Blind spot monitoring
- A rearview camera
- Forward collision warning
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Automatic emergency braking
Want to see what the Jeep Cherokee can do? Visit our Jeep dealership near Three Rivers to get behind the wheel.